Special Needs Law in October and Beyond
October is National Special Needs Law Month, and Christenson Johnson, LLC offers numerous services, skills, and resources to clients who are planning for loved ones with special needs.
The attorneys of Christenson Johnson, LLC provide clients comprehensive planning for individuals with special needs, including the following services:
- Preparing special needs trusts to suit an individual’s needs and circumstances
- Advising families regarding ABLE accounts
- Helping individuals with powers of attorney for health care, finances, and education
- Counseling individuals and families regarding public benefits based on disability, such as Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare
- Assisting clients obtain court-appointed guardians and conservators
- Advising trustees and fiduciaries who serve individuals with special needs
Furthermore, Christenson Johnson attorneys, staff, and professional colleagues participate in local and state-wide events for support and education. On September 15, Christenson Johnson sponsored and participated in the Arc-Dane County’s “Everybody’s Golf Tournament.” And, on November 8, Attorneys Iris Christenson and Barbara Hughes will present a webinar entitled “ABLE Accounts: New Tool for Individuals with a Disability,” for the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Also, to provide a sampling of resources for clients and the general public, we share the following links for resources and information related to legal, financial, and supportive services for individuals with disabilities.
- NAELA—National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, which includes client-focused information regarding issues related to special needs planning for individuals of all ages.
- Special Needs Alliance—Excellent information for families is available, and you can sign up to receive the free electronic newsletter, The Voice.
- Arc-Dane County—a local organization of support and advocacy for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.